Culture & cuisine
Stimulate your taste buds and your cultural senses with our unique retreats
Culture & cuisine retreats
Join us in Sintra and spend 5 nights in our beautiful and historic Quinta in Sintra, Portugal.
Our Culture and Cuisine break is designed to give you a privately guided insider view of the amazing cultural highlights of Sintra in combination with a delicious daily menu prepared by our Chef. This will offer your cultural senses and taste buds a unique and memorable experience. We also invite you to make the most of on-site massages, beautiful gardens and the swimming pools.
Xintara Culture and Cuisine experiences are aimed at people who are interested in a friendly, comfortable and authentic experience designed to provide an insider perspective on the rich cultural and culinary heritage of Sintra and Portugal.
Your Xintara Culture and Cuisine Retreat will involve:
- Beautiful accommodation in our private historic Portuguese Quinta, with extensive private gardens, two swimming pools and a chapel.
- A relaxed and beautiful setting in the UNESCO World Heritage protected Serra of Sintra, surrounded by forested hills and adjacent to the botanical gardens of Monserrate Palace.
- Daily private tours of the cultural highlights of Sintra (Palacio de Monserrate, Sintra Palace, Pena Palace, Capuchos Monastery) as well as off-the beaten track local experiences (visit of small private vineyards, evening of Fado -Portuguese folk music and singing).
- A Chef-led daily menu involving delicious and nutritional cuisine based on the produce of the Quinta and the local Sintra suppliers as well the best local Portuguese wines.
- A communal social experience with like-minded people.
- A regular shuttle service from and to the airport as well as a daily service into historic Sintra.
- Advice on local cultural and historic sites and access to our local guide Sofia who will be on hand to arrange things should you want to do your ‘own thing’.
- Access to a range of private massage sessions (available at an additional cost) including Shiatsu, deep tissue massage and light relaxing massage.