Relaunch your artistic aspirations with our relaxing arts retreats
Join us in Sintra and spend 5 nights in our beautiful and historic Quinta in Sintra, Portugal.
Our Arts breaks are designed to relaunch your artistic aspirations through a combination of friendly instruction and unique location experiences. Due to the wonderful light conditions in Portugal, many artists, film makers and photographers are attracted to this coastline and Sintra in particular. At the same time, you will be benefiting from the comfort and authenticity of a renovated historic property. We also invite you to make the most of on-site massages, beautiful gardens and the swimming pools.
Xintara Arts experiences are aimed at people who are interested in a relaxed and friendly learning atmosphere where artistic practices can either be started for the first time or developed to the next level. Non-course accompanying guests/partners are also welcome and separate morning activities can be organised.
Your Xintara Arts Retreat will involve:
- Beautiful accommodation in our private historic Portuguese Quinta, with extensive private gardens, two swimming pools and a chapel.
- A relaxed and beautiful setting in the UNESCO World Heritage protected Serra of Sintra, surrounded by forested hills and adjacent to the botanical gardens of Monserrate Palace.
- Your days will be filled with expert instruction, hands-on in the field practice, lectures, and constructive evaluation of images.
- Morning Painting or Photography sessions (no previous experience required) led by leading instructors and artists. All painting equipment will be provided.
- An opportunity in the afternoon to visit specific sites for further painting/photography practice or alternatively to visit local cultural sites of interest or to relax by the pool.
- A Chef-led daily menu involving delicious and nutritional cuisine based on the produce of the Quinta and the local Sintra suppliers as well the best local Portuguese wines.
- Visit of small private vineyards, and evening of Fado -Portuguese folk music and singing.
- A communal social experience with like-minded people
- A regular shuttle service from and to the airport as well as a daily service into historic Sintra.
- Advice on local cultural and historic sites and access to our local guide Sofia who will be on hand to arrange things.
- Access to a range of private massage sessions (available at an additional cost) including Shiatsu, deep tissue massage and light relaxing massage